Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book Review: If I stay and Where she went by Gayle Forman

image

IF I STAY

Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.


I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.

Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.


WHERE SHE WENT


It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.


And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?


Format: 
Both in Trade paperback
Category: 
Young Adult

Genre:
 Contemporary, Romance

REVIEW:

I wasn't really supposed to read these books and I've in fact been seeing them for years in local bookstores and never really paid any attention to them since the story's a bit too dramatic for my taste. Last month, I saw the trailer of the movie I just really had to buy and read these books and never in my book loving life had I made a better choice.


I'm so thankful for the people who made the movie because they've given opened the door for me to discover this book.

What can I say about this duology? I absolutely love everything about these books!

What are you to do if you were given the chance to choose? Would you take the easy way out or would you do what you're family would've wanted for you? For If I stay, I loved Mia's voice. I was absolutely heartbroken with her story, with her family and with Adam.

The story was so wonderfully written and had the right amount of feels without being too pretentious or too fake. Just the right amount of everything.

For the second book, Where she went.... It's waaaay better than the first, and that is saying a whole lot considering I totally love the first book! The second book showed growth, acceptance and love. I'm not spoiling anything here but this book just argh....

Where she went is the perfect conclusion to the duology. Again, just the right amount of feels nothing too pretentious or too dramatic. This book is way more realistic that the first one and never had a book had me crying rivers like this one.

The development of the characters shown in the second book is just perfect! It made them more believable, less perfect, more human.

If you don't mind crying because of a book and if you love contemporary romance (slightly dramatic) books I swear you are going to love these two!

rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)