Friday, July 31, 2015

Foodie Fridays: Le Petit Souffle

So I decided to have a part of my blog be about food, since I love food and I know basically everyone does too right?

Today we decided to go to Le Petit Souffle, one of the tagged "Most instagram worthy restaurants in Manila".

Le Petit Souffle is actually located in Century City Mall Makati. For weeks, I have been bugging my friends to go with me there and finally, my friend, Kath, texted me asking me whether or not we have plans of going out today so I told her yes we do, and that we're going to check out the said place, eat there and go and watch magic mike afterwards. And so taking along our other friend, Jember, with us we started our adventure.

We actually didn't have any expectations with regards to the place , we expected it to look.... normal, since we thought that the "instagram-worthy" part referred to the food and not the place but we were fascinated upon seeing the place itself.

Each and every corner of the place is indeed "instagram-worthy" ... the walls, the lights, the seats... each giving off a different vibe yet all worked together well with each other. 









Now enough with the fascinatingly gorgeous setting of the place, let's move on to their food.

We reached Le Petit Souffle at about one thirty in the afternoon, without either one of us having eaten lunch or a proper breakfast at the very least, so needless to say all three of us were very hungry at that point. So after taking a few photos of the place, we asked for their menu (which we hoped would have more entries) and also asked for their best-sellers. The three of us decided to order three different things and then we'll share everything, then we'll split the bill (since my friends are very supportive of me starting my own blog, it would be helpful for us to try different things instead of ordering the same thing WN: thank you dear friends <3). 
Even though the place bragged about their dessert as what can be assumed with its name, we still ended up ordering three dishes of their main dishes, the Chicken Pomodoro, the Pancetta Carbonara and the Squid-ink Rice (best-seller). 





While waiting for our orders, we took a couple of photos since we just couldn't resist the eye-pleasing back-drop of the place. We waited for around fifteen to twenty minutes before we had our order served to us but it every single second of that did not feel wasted at all when we saw the food served on our table. 


Everything that we ordered is utterly delicious! The squid-ink rice didn't disappoint at all and the carbonara, even though it was served later than the other food that we ordered and even though it may seem like too much cheese was added into it, tasted great as well (I couldn't really comment on the Chicken Pomodoro since I don't eat anything with red sauce)....

After devouring everything, we felt like we couldn't just leave the place without tasting any of their desserts so we again asked for their best seller and get two orders of whatever that is.
Minutes later we were served with two order of parfait which is the Salted egg and caramel parfait.



The name of it may sound ridiculous but the sight of it would melt your heart (well that would be the case if you have a sweet tooth like I do). 

This parfait tasted oddly good and oddly different! It had vanilla-custard as its base, chocolate pretzel sticks, walnuts, peanut brittle, caramel and salted egg! It is actually my first time eating ice-cream with salted egg so I was kinda hesitant since it tastes different but ended up liking it since it does indeed taste different but in a good and satisfying-my-tastebuds kind of way. 

In the end we were all very satisfied with this restaurant, from the ambience, to the service and the food itself. Needless to say, I would be recommending this place to my other friends and would be coming back again myself. 

Le Petite Souffle = Le grand amour

Rating:      



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)