Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book Review: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

image


"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.
When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?


Format: Ebook
Category: Chick Lit
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Ratings: 5 stars

REVIEW:

I've read this book after reading Fangirl and Eleanor and Park. Some may argue with this but I think among the three books this by far has the best ending, I couldn't think of a better ending for this one book!



This book basically is about Lincoln, an awkward genius guy who’s never really known what he wants. He still lives with his mom and he hates his work. The only thing that kept him in his work even though he absolutely hated it, is being able to peek into the personnal emails and conversation of the two very witty girls working at his company. He eventually felt like he knew Beth so well and he fell inlove with her even though he hasn’t seen her or even talked to her in person yet.

Well we’d all think that Lincoln, being awkward, nerdy and shy guy that he is he might look like something like this right?



image

Well that’s where we kinda all got it wrong, he was actually described to look more like this..


image


Well if all guys were as good looking and as intelligent as him, I’d like to order one right now and to add frosting to the cake he’s by far the sweetest guy I’ve read about so far! The way Lincoln told Beth that he loves her, his words almost made me cry! Their awkwardness and everything made them more fit for each other.

This by far is the sweetest book i've ever read and i can't seem to think of any other words to say, I just LOVE IT!

As I came near the end of this book, I actually thought I wouldn't get the ending that I wanted and hoped for but it actually came through! Rainbow Rowell just knew how to play with words, how to twist the story and how to make everything work out. She is ultimately my most favourite contemporary author and I cannot stress enough how excited I am to read her latest work entitled landline.

If you love contemporary romance novels and if you want to feel all gushy inside, feeling all happy after finishing a novel, well blimey! Attachments is exactly the book for you!

rating: ★★★★★
5 blazingly alive and kicking stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! :)